Our OPC 52.5N is a premium Ordinary Portland Cement. It is unique in its consistent very high early and late strengths.
It conforms to CEM I with strength class 52.5N in accordance with Ethiopian Standard ES 1177-1:2005 as adapted from EN 197:1:2000 Cement Part 1: composition, specifications & conformity criteria for common cements. Its high strengths are attributable to the high-quality clinker & high fineness used in its production.
It comprises 95% clinker & 5% gypsum.
- High-strength specialty products
- Precast concrete applications where quicker demolding times are required
- Fast-track construction projects where faster stripping of formwork is required
- High strength structures, such as bridges, overpasses, viaducts, flyovers, foundations for skyscrapers, slabs, beams, heavy industrial floors, water retaining structures, railway sleepers, windmill foundations, etc.
CONDITIONS OF USE
When using cement in construction, there is no substitute for good practice and workmanship. It is always very critical to use the correct materials and measure, and mix the materials properly, add the correct amount of water and compact, cure and protect the concrete as appropriate.
Concrete and mortar strength is significantly affected by mix constituents and proportions, ambient temperature and curing conditions. A durable concrete requires adequate cement & a low water:cement ratio.
The cement content must be correct for the application and the water:cement ratio as low as possible consistent with satisfactory placing, thorough compaction and effective curing. Hence
- Accurately measure all materials
- Mix thoroughly
- Add water whilst mixing but avoid adding too much water. The more water, the weaker the concrete will be. It is critical to use the minimum amount of water required to make the mix workable.
Our OPC 52.5N is available in bulk, 50kg bags, 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0 jumbo bags.